Superintendent’s Parent Connection
Superintendent of Schools
1515 Hughes Way
Long Beach, CA 90810
Parent Connection is a new parent engagement group - an exciting collaboration between Parent University and LBUSD Superintendent, Dr. Jill Baker Ed.D! Dr. Baker will engage with parents and members of our community, and lead a dialogue of current District issues, with a focus on the Learning Acceleration & Support Plan and Communications. In addition, each monthly meeting will feature an informational parent education workshop.
|Thursday, January 18, 2024|
|Thursday, March 14, 2024|
|Thursday, April 11, 2024|
P3_ExcellenceEquity-hr . Hi here I want Excelence & Equity one signle vector. Not 3.
The Superintendent Parent Connection: Purpose
- Create opportunities for human connection between parents/caregivers, superintendent and district staff.
- Provide districtwide information for parents/caregivers to enhance access and connection to schools and district resources.
- Engage in two-way communication with parents/caregivers to inform continuous improvement efforts.
What will we focus on this year in the Parent Connection?
- Vision 2035
- Core Values
- Graduate Portrait
- Adult Portrait
- System Portrait
- Strategic Planning
|Thursday, May 23, 2023||Presentation:|
|Thursday, March 16, 2023||Presentation:||Agenda|
|Thursday, December 15, 2022||Presentation/Agenda:
English / Spanish
The Superintendent Parent Connection: Assumptions
- Parents/caregivers are their child’s first teachers.
- Each parent/caregiver wants their child to have a school experience characterized by high expectations and care.
- Students’ lives are enhanced when parents/caregivers are involved.
- A home - school connection fostered by teachers and school staff positively contributes to student success.