(562) 997-8000 x 2900
AVID tutorials are an important component of the AVID Program. College students are utilized to work as tutors in the AVID elective class. These college tutors facilitate small group learning as well as provide some individual student support. The district is always looking for passionate college students that are interested in being a role model and helping others achieve their college dreams. Tutor training will be provided by the school district.
- Maximum of 18 hours per week with flexible scheduling to work around college schedules
- Must be hired directly by the Long Beach Unified School District
- Competitive Pay
- Full-time college student status
- 48 college units completed
- Enjoy working with students!
To obtain an application and learn more about the application process, click on the link below:
AVID Tutor (College Aide) Application Process
For More Information
If you want to learn more about the expectations and classroom experiences of an AVID Tutor, please contact:
Liz Turner , AVID Curriculum Leader, at (562) 997-8000 x 2904