Our School Offers CDC & Head Start Programs
Our CDC program believes that in an effective Early Learning and Education Program:
- Children learn best in an atmosphere that fosters self-esteem and confidence.
- Classrooms/centers are reflective of thoughtful observation and intentional planning.
- Developmentally and age appropriate child centered activities designed around language/vocabulary, skills and interest levels that integrate social-emotional, cognitive, physical abilities, healthy well-being, and home and school.
- A partnership is established between our program, home and community.
- Each child’s culture and language is respected to enhance the child’s self-esteem.
LBUSD Head Start and Early Head Start provides free part-day and full-day high-quality center-based care and education for children birth to five. Additionally, home-based services are provided for pregnant women and families with children birth to three. We embrace the provision of services through a multi-generational approach that builds on the premise that parents are their children’s first and most important teacher.
The comprehensive services provided include: family engagement, leadership and advocacy training; child growth development- school readiness, health, nutrition, mental health and early intervention services. Priority is given to families who meet income eligibility guidelines, have foster children, are experiencing homelessness or inadequate housing, have a child with a disability or are facing other circumstances that warrant the need for early childhood care and education services.
- Barton Feature
- Edison Feature
- Garfield Feature
- King Feature
- McKinley Feature
- Webster Feature