1399 E. 32nd Street
Signal Hill, Ca. 90755
(562) 997-8000 ext 2900
Program staff make every effort to ensure candidates’ successful program completion and recommendation for the Clear Credential. Candidates participate in progress monitoring activities throughout each year.
During the first program year, a candidate’s body of evidence will be reviewed to make formative suggestions to support the candidates’ success in their second year. During the second program year, a candidate’s body of evidence will be reviewed to determine candidates’ satisfactory progress toward mastery of the California Standards for the Teaching Profession, and authorize the recommendation for the Professional Clear Credential.
In the unlikely event a candidate’s submitted body of evidence is deemed lacking in any area of the CSTPs, a plan for remediation and completion will be developed and shared with the candidate. If the candidate disagrees with the decision made and/or the plan for remediation, the candidate is required to submit a formal letter of appeal to the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Development.
Upon receipt of the appeal, the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Development shall:
- Review the body of evidence submitted to the program.
- Contact both the coordinator and the candidate’s site administrator for input on the candidate’s level of practice with regard to the CSTPs
- Hold a meeting with the candidate, the mentor and the program coordinator to review the outcome of the second review.
- If necessary, collaborate with the candidate and the mentor to develop an acceptable Remediation and Completion Plan.
- Submit a copy of the signed Remediation and Completion plan to the program coordinator.
In the event, the candidate remains in disagreement with the outcome of the second review, and a mutually agreeable plan for remediation and completion cannot be developed, the candidate may submit a formal letter of dispute to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources for a thorough review and final resolution.