Facilities Development & Planning
2425 Webster Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90810
(562) 595-8644 Fax
Hours of Operation
Developer fee collection services will be closed Friday, May 19 between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Please reference the following collection hours, and observed holidays when addressing developer fee collection for Long Beach Unified School District. Applicants can also be directed to www.lbschools.net/developerfees for more information.
Regular Collection Hours:
Monday thru Friday, 9am to 3pm.
Please call (562) 997 -7550 during the week of Dec. 26 and Jan. 2 to confirm staff availability.
|Christmas||Dec 26-27, 2022|
|New Year's Day||Jan 2, 2023|
(12 Month Employees)
|Jan 3, 2021|
|M. L. King, Jr. Day||Jan 16, 2023|
|Lincoln Day||Feb 13, 2023|
|Washington Day||Feb 20, 2023|
|Admission Day||Apr 7, 2023|
|Memorial Day||May 29, 2023|
|Juneteenth||June 19, 2023|
|Independence Day||Jul 4, 2023|
|Labor Day||Sep 4, 2023|
|Veteran's Day||Nov 10, 2023|
|Thanksgiving||Nov 23-24, 2023|
|Christmas||Dec 25-26, 2023|
All new residential, commercial and industrial construction and/or an addition of covered or enclosed space are subject to the collection of developer fees. This fee is determined by the square footage of assessable space, which is measured from the perimeter of the structure.
Level I Fees are statutory fees assessed to new residential construction, any residential additions over 500 square feet, Accessory Dwelling Units and to all commercial development and redevelopment projects. Please visit our FAQs for additional details.
Exemptions from fees are provided for by Government Code on certain structures, including structures that are tax exempt and used exclusively for religious purposes, private full-time day schools as described in Education Code Section 48222, and structures owned and occupied by a governmental agency. If you are replacing a structure destroyed by a disaster, you may be exempt from fees.
Effective Rates (per square foot, as of Monday, 12/19/2022):
Maximum School Fee Per Square Foot of
Commercial Industrial Development (CID)
|CID Lead Use Category||Maximum School Fee|
|Retail and Service||$0.78|
|Research and Development||$0.78|
|Industrial / Warehouse / Manufacturing||$0.78|
Disclaimer: Fees are subject to change. Please contact the District for most current fees. The date stated on the Certificate of Compliance determines the applicable fee amount
If you are developing commercial, industrial, or residential sites within District boundaries, please follow the steps outlined below.
P3_ExcellenceEquity-hr . Hi here I want Excelence & Equity one signle vector. Not 3.
Before Visiting the District:
- Make sure your property is within district boundaries by searching the School Finder.
- Apply to the respective city and obtain an official letter specifying the permitted square footage for your project.
- Complete an Application for a Certificate of Compliance.
At the District:
- Bring the application form and authorized letter to the District (Directions). If you complete an online application for a Certificate of Compliance, you don’t need to bring any documents (other than your payment) to the District.
- Pay the assessed fee (check or money order only) and obtain a Certificate of Compliance. Checks or money orders are made payable to “LBUSD Developer Fee Collector” (Returned checks assessed $25 processing fee).
After the District:
Return to the city with your Certificate of Compliance to receive a building permit (assuming all other city obligations have been met).
- 2021-2022 Annual and Five-Year Reports
- 2022 Residential and Commercial/Industrial Development School Fee Justification Study
- 2020-2021 Annual and Five-Year Report
- 2020 Residential and Commercial/Industrial Development School Fee Justification Study
- 2018 School Facility Needs Analysis (SFNA)
- Developer Fees - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)