- Should support the basic educational mission of the school district, directly benefit students, or be of value to the students or their families;
- Should not be obscene, libelous or slanderous (Education Code 48907);
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools (Education Code 48907);
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party or ballot measure, unless such materials are being distributed at a forum in which candidates or advocates from all sides are presenting their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act;
- Should not discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of any unlawful consideration;
- Should not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including but not limited to materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants and movies or products or services unsuitable for children;
- Should not promote or advertise attendance at non-District K-12 schools;
- Should not solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board of Education policy.
Nondiscrimination Statement: The Long Beach Unified School District prohibits discrimination, intimidation, harassment (including sexual harassment) or bullying based on a person’s actual or perceived ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, immigration status, national origin, religion, race or ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.