Skip to main content
Long Beach Unified School District Logo

Interdistrict Attendance Permits

Interdistrict Attendance Permits

If you do not live in Long Beach and want to attend a Long Beach school:

The Long Beach Unified School District is accepting interdistrict permit applications from students in Transitional Kindergarten through 7th grade who live outside of LBUSD boundaries and wish to attend a school in Long Beach.

Parents should first contact their district of residence for an interdistrict permit application. Once obtained, the form should be submitted to the Long Beach school in which the parent is requesting enrollment. Acceptance or denial of the interdistrict permit is determined by the requested school.

If you live in Long Beach and want to attend a school in another school district:

Parents or guardians may apply for transfer to a school outside the Long Beach Unified School District. The submission period for applications for the next school year begins on March 1st of the current school year.

Interdistrict Permit Applications

Elementary Office (TK-5th)

1515 Hughes Way, 3rd Floor
Long Beach, CA 90810
Phone: (562) 997-8247

Middle & K-8 Schools Office (6th - 8th)

1515 Hughes Way, 4th Floor
Long Beach, CA 90810
Phone: (562) 997-8100

High School (9th-12th)
1515 Hughes Way, 4th Floor
Long Beach, CA 90810
Phone: (562) 997-8115

Completed applications and required documents may be scanned and sent via email to:

Transitional Kindergarten – 5th grade:

6th – 8th grade:

9th – 12th grade:

Completed applications may also be returned in person or mailed to the grade level appropriate office (Elementary, Middle/K-8, or High School) at the addresses listed above.

Although we process applications as quickly as possible, processing time can take up to 7-10 business days. Incomplete applications/documentation will delay processing time. You will be notified by phone of the approval or denial of your application. Once notified, approved applications may be picked up from the Elementary, Middle/K-8, or High School Office at the address listed above. You may also submit a self-addressed stamped envelope with your application if you would like to receive the approved application via U.S. Mail. We cannot email or fax approved applications.

The Education Code allows school districts to enter into interdistrict attendance agreements. Either the district of residence or the district of choice may deny the application, but if a permit is granted for employment or child-care reasons, the student has the right to remain in that district’s schools through the twelfth grade, subject to the availability of classroom space.

Parent U Logo

Immunization Requirements

Download Requirements