What is Long Beach Scholars?
Long Beach Scholars 2.0 (LBS) is an elective class designed to prepare middle school students for future possibilities in college, career and life.
LBS utilizes research-based strategies to support middle school students in achieving both academic and social development.
What Does College and Career Awareness Look Like for Middle School Students?
|LBUSD Graduate Profile
|College and Career-Ready Scholar
- Self –Exploration/MS Career Interest Survey
- Research on High School Pathways, Colleges and Careers
- Young Professional Portfolio
- College and Career Experiential Visits
|Critical and Innovative Problem Solver
- STEAM Projects
- Goal Planning
|Adaptable and Productive Citizen
- Exploration of Culture and Identity
- Community Service Project
- Values/Ethics Curriculum
- Self- Regulation Curriculum
|Effective Communicator and Collaborator
- Daily Collaboration Exercises
- Mock Career Interviews