The Long Beach Unified School District Service Desk is available to assist you with all of your technology needs. We are trained and ready to handle a wide range of calls related to hardware (PCs, Macs, printers), software (Windows, MS Office, MS Outlook) and specialized applications used within the District (FINSYS, LYNX). The Service Desk is also your primary contact to follow up on open issues (a Service Desk ticket number has been assigned to you) or to schedule installations, moves, create/change user accounts or access.
Important Service Desk 'How To' information:
Speed up your Service Desk request
Calls can be delayed at the Service Desk for hours, even days because of incomplete information. To expedite your Service Desk call and receive the quickest possible response on your request, please follow these simple rules:
- Name of School/Office
- Name and extension of contact person (the person reporting the problem)
- Name and extension of user (the person with the problem)
- Location of work & "station #" (if any)
- Make/Model on the CPU of each equipment you are calling in. (Note: If printer problem, please include the make/model on the CPU of the computer that it is connected to
- Detailed description of the problem user is experiencing including exact error message (if possible)
- Troubleshooting user tried to fix the problem.
- When was the last time equipment worked properly?
- Please keep in mind, the more information you give us, the better.
The Service Desk is Available:
7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday (except District Holidays)
General Questions via Email
Send an email 'Help Desk' in Outlook (HelpDesk@lbschools.net). To open a ticket automatically for your request, send your email to ServiceDesk@lbschools.net.
Service Desk Requests Online
Electronic and Telephone Tickets
Including Fire and Intrusion Alarm Issues
You may create a ticket here: https://myservicedesk.lbschools.net
Please choose "Electronics" or "Telecommunications" from the dropdown menu.