LBUSD Dual Immersion Programs implement a two-way dual language model of instruction, serving native speakers of English alongside native speakers of Spanish. Students from both language groups attend class together, learn from each other and receive academic instruction in both languages.
Dual Immersion Program Goals:
- Bilingualism & Biliteracy
- Students become balanced bilinguals
- High Academic Achievement
- Students meet or exceed grade level standards in both English and the target language
- Students learn and appreciate cultures other than their own
- Students learn and appreciate the culture of the target language