CDC School Age Care: Pinnacle
Pinnacle® School Age Curriculum is a research-based early childhood curriculum. Based on the works of Piaget, Gardner, and Erikson, Pinnacle® provides early childhood educators with lessons that engage children in developmentally appropriate activities.
- Developmentally appropriate activities that adhere to early childhood education industry standards
- Clearly stated learning objectives to help facilitate learning in all domains
- Flexible programming to accommodate varied learning styles
- Carefully selected themes that capture children’s interest
- Long-range goals linked to Key Standards
- Provides suggestions to enrich childhood developmental milestones based on research
- Interactive activities that help children develop a love for learning while they are growing, playing, and having fun
- Suggested book lists related to theme
Monthly themes are broken up into weekly lesson plans and themes and include room enrichment ideas, special projects, creative arts, board games, educational enrichment activities, outdoor and group games, activity centers (math, science, dramatic play, etc.).
- January: Winter Wonders
- February: Matters of the Heart
- March: Marching Into Spring
- April: Spring Fever
- May: Marvelous May
- June: From Sea to Shining Sea
- July: All-American Spirit
- August: All-American Fun
- September: My Wonderful World
- October: Fall Fun
- November: We Are Thankful
- December: Deck the Halls
A Summer of Wonder Curriculum is used to supplement our curriculum during the summer months.
While studying weather related events that effect nature, animals, geography and the effect of the constellations on geography, tides, and seasons. Developmentally appropriate unique activities are included and well organized making the hands-on learning segments for children fun and engaging!
4400 Ladoga Ave
Lakewood, CA 90713