Staffing and Enrollment
- The Summer Enrichment Administrator will be on active duty during all hours of the program to support staff and students in the smooth operation of the program.
- Classroom teachers are experienced and hold valid State of California teaching credentials.
- Class size is limited to 20 students.
- Classes will be filled on a first come-first served basis.
- Classes are open to children entering first through eighth grade.
Days and Hours
- Classes are held Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- *Session 1: June 26 - July 13
- Session 2: July 17 - August 3
* No classes on July 4
- Please call (562) 997-8064, SEP Office, when your child is unable to attend. The office will inform your child's teacher. Teachers will be on duty by 8:50 a.m.
- Students who arrive between 8:00 and 8:50 a.m. will need to be signed in by a parent or caregiver in the cafeteria each day.
- Students arriving after 8:50 should go directly to their classrooms.
- Please put the safety of children first. Take care to pull to the curb when bringing children to school. We encourage safe entry and exit from vehicles. Personnel will be in front of Emerson from 8:50-9:10 a.m. to supervise.
- Students using the supervised recreation should go to the school cafeteria no earlier than 8:00 a.m. These students will be escorted to class by a recreation aide.
Several teachers will supervise recess at the following times:
- 10:00 - 10:15
- 10:20 - 10:35
Before and after class supervision
- Available to Summer Enrichment Program participants only.
- Available 8:00-9:00 a.m. and 12:00-4:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday,
June 26 - August 3
- Available 8:00-4:00 p.m. on four Fridays: July 7, July 14, July 21 and July 28
- Not available Tuesday, July 4
- Please come in person or send a dated/signed note if your child needs to leave early.
- Students will be dismissed from the classrooms at 12:00 noon.
- Students who are staying for supervised recreation will be escorted to the cafeteria by a teacher.
- Students with parent permission (as indicated on the emergency/enrollment card) may walk home. All others are asked to exit via front of school to meet their rides.
- Staff will be on duty in the front of the school from 12:00 - 12:10 p.m.
- Any child who has not been picked up by 12:10 p.m. will be escorted to the supervised recreation or to the office to call a parent.
Each teacher will send home a friendly teacher letter on the first day of class. This letter will introduce the teacher and his/her expectations. Respect for self, others, materials and equipment will be expected. The teacher may include an invitation for parents to attend a culminating activity.
Each teacher will establish a 4-step discipline plan to include:
- A warning
- An in class consequence
- A conference with child and administrator
- A conference with parent and classroom teacher
We will designate playground areas and adhere to the playground rules established by SEP
Uniforms are not required. Children should dress comfortably. Children should wear comfortable (non-tank style) shirts and appropriate length shorts, skirts or trousers of any color or print. According to LBUSD dress and safety codes, shoes must be close-toed.
Your signature on the registration form indicates that you have read and filled out the emergency/enrollment form and read the Summer Enrichment Program policies. The emergency/enrollment card will be on file in the SEP office and with the classroom teacher.