January 07, 2005
Six educators from Naga City School District in the Philippines recently visited the Long Beach Unified School District to study effective education initiatives.
The educators visited Signal Hill Elementary School and Hill Classical Middle School. They also met with district leaders to learn about LBUSD’s successes in these key areas:
• Designing, implementing and monitoring educational projects aimed at increasing academic achievement;
• Mobilizing financial and non-fiscal (including community-based) resources to support schools;
• Creating alternative models for effective school board management;
• Engaging parents and other stakeholders more actively;
• Providing preschool, special education and alternative learning systems for out-of-school youngsters and adults.