End of Life Announcements
** PLEASE NOTE: Effective August 28, 2013, ALL COMPUTER orders must include a completed copy of the Computer Order Form ** (There is a $55 installation fee charged to the site for each computer installation.)
Apple Based (Intel based)
Employee Purchase Plans
- Contact the Help Desk at x8411 or 'HelpDesk' in MS Outlook for the latest employee purchase options for computers and wireless services
General Computer Information
- Desktops systems must come with 5 Year onsite warranty for all Intel based systems and 5 year parts warranty for Apple computers as provided by District Computer Support.
- Apple computers (with CRTs) also require an $8 California eWaste fee
- NOTE: A lockdown is required for all workstations not in an administrative location. Contact Purchasing for details.
- Windows 7 Professional
- Mac OS 10.6 (upgrades must be purchased by the site)
- MS Outlook (free *)
- Firefox for Macs and PCs(free *)
- Internet Explorer 7 (free *)
- Sophos Anti-Virus for PCs and Macs (free *)
- NetWare 6.5/SuSe (free *), Windows2003/8, Apple OS/X
- Microsoft Office Suite - PC and Mac versions (Cost billed directly to the site)
- Adobe products (PageMaker, Acrobat) are available from Technology & Information Services as an expense transfer
- Photoshop CS2 Windows: Requires 'Buy Out' - Source: Educational Resources. The cost is the same for both Mac or Windows (indicate which platform).
FREE * - Contact the Technology and Information Services Branch for 'FREE' software and licenses (ext 8411).
DO NOT INSTALL SOFTWARE THAT IS NOT PROPERLY LICENSED BY THE TECHNOLOGY AND INFORMATION SERVICES BRANCH.
HP Deskjet, OfficeJet, Business Inkjet and LaserJet series.
Contact Purchasing for current models and pricing
- The District strongly recommends the purchase of shareable, laser printers over inkjet printers.
- HP Deskjet and Epson Inkjet printers cannot be serviced. Due to the low cost of these devices it is not economical to service them. In the event of a hardware failure, this equipment will be surveyed. High-capacity inkjet printers such as the HP Business Inkjets and Epson 13 x 19 series will continue to be serviced.
- The District does not recommend sharing/networking HP Deskjet or Epson Inkjet printers. The duty-cycle on this equipment makes it unsuitable as a 'shared' network printer. The manufacturers also make this recommendation. If you require inkjet technology in a shared printer you should consider the HP Business Inkjet series or Epson 13 x 19 series printers. If you choose to network a DeskJet series printer it is with the understanding that the printer will not be serviced as detailed above.
- HP Proliant series with 4GB RAM.
(Quotes are available from Technology & Information Services.)
- Cisco switches and routers.
- Cisco Wireless Access Points (WAP) using Cisco 'CleanAir' technology, Dual radio 802.11b/g/n configured as LWAP. All wireless equipment must be configured and installed by Technology & Information Services to conform with District security requirements and standards. User may NOT install wireless equipment.
Audio / Video
Television Buyout Checklist
Still under review.
Contact OMS for specifications and details.
- NOTE: A lockdown is required for all A/V equipment not in an administrative location. Contact Purchasing for details.
District Wiring Standards
- Lock downs, racks and mounting brackets - Contact Purchasing