As technology progresses, MANUFACTURERS phase out the support of older technology. The information below will change as the District is made aware of these "end of life" announcements from the MANUFACTURERS. This status indicates that parts and services are expected to be discontinued on these products in the near future. The District will continue to support this equipment with "best efforts*" by exhausting all available support resources. However, users are forewarned that eventually, service on this technology will not be possible. At that point, support of the technology will fall to the individual site or the technology will need to be surplused.
Computers - PCs
- Intel 468, 486SX, 486DX, 486DX2
- Pentium Systems below 100Mhz
- Gateway E3000 and E3200 systems
Computers - Apple
- Vintage List (external link) - Products listed by Apple as nearing their end of life.
- (Can be viewed only on LBUSD computers)
- Laser disc players - repairs still made
- Film projectors, 8mm, 16mm
- Filmstrip projectors
*Best Effort is defined as repairing and/or replacing defective parts as available from the manufacturer and other sources. Equipment will not be upgraded (CPU, hard drive, memory, etc.) to overcome performance or capacity limitations of the hardware.