The Long Beach Unified School District Help Desk is available to assist you with all of your technology needs. We are trained and ready to handle a wide range of calls related to hardware (PCs, Macs, printers), software (Windows, MS Office, MS Outlook) and specialized applications used within the District (FINSYS, LYNX). The Help Desk is also your primary contact to follow up on open issues (a Help Desk ticket number has been assigned to you) or to schedule installations, moves, create/change user accounts or access.
Important Help Desk 'How To' information:
Speed up your Help Desk request
Calls can be delayed at the Help Desk for hours, even days because of incomplete information. To expedite your Help Desk call and receive the quickest possible response on your request, please follow these simple rules:
- Name of School/Office
- Name and extension of contact person (the person reporting the problem)
- Name and extension of user (the person with the problem)
- Location of work & "station #" (if any)
- Make/Model & Inventory # on the CPU of each equipment you are calling in. (Note: If printer problem, please include the make/model & Inventory # on the CPU of the computer that it is connected to)
- Operating System computer is running and how much memory computer has (for both GW & Macs)
- Detailed description of the problem user is experiencing including exact error message (if possible)
- Troubleshooting user tried to fix the problem.
- When was the last time equipment worked properly?
- Please keep in mind, the more information you give us, the better.
The Help Desk is Available:
8:00 a.m. to 4:40 p.m.
Monday - Friday (except District Holidays)
Request via E-mail
HelpDesk@lbschools.net or in MS Outlook send a message to 'HelpDesk'
Help Desk Requests Online
Remote support is available by clicking on the following link. Please do so only at the request of a Help Desk Support Representative. By clicking on this link you are granting the Help Desk full access to your computer and authorizing the use of this remote support option to assist you in resolving your problem. (Once you close this application, or reboot your computer the Help Desk will no longer have ANY access to your computer or files.)
Start Remote Session - When prompted to Open or Save select Open. The application will start in a few seconds. Then click on the Start button.
(Netscape users: Please save this file to your Desktop. Then close Netscape and double-click on the Desktop icon.)
Electronic and Telephone Tickets
Including Fire and Intrusion Alarm Issues
You may create a TMA ticket here: http://tma.lbusd.k12.ca.us:82/
Please choose "TISB" as the Repair Center