The Career Pathways Office
A Career Pathway is a coherent, articulated sequence of rigorous academic and career/technical courses, commencing in the ninth grade and leading to an associate degree, baccalaureate degree and beyond, an industry recognized certificate, and/or licensure. The Career Pathway is developed, implemented, and maintained in partnership among secondary and postsecondary education, business, and employers. Career Pathways are available to all students, including adult learners, and lead to rewarding careers.
||Career and Technical Education Coach
Career Technical Education:
- Facilitates the implementation of the CTE Eleven Elements of a High-Quality CTE Program
- Facilitates the CTE Department Head Meetings
- Perkins Program Administrator
- Assists and supports the CTE Incentive Grant activities in the areas of teacher credentialing, curriculum writing and professional development
- Assists Facility Planning and Management Branch in meeting the needs for career technical facilities
- Provides CTE trainings
- Provide support relative to the implementation of the CTE Model Curriculum standards in the form of lesson planning, peer coaching and/or conferencing.
- Facilitates CTE and academic teacher collaboration
- Assists with teachers obtaining a Designated Subjects CTE Credential
- Facilitates with the development of new CTE courses and with building coherent sequence of CTE courses
- Assists with articulation and dual enrollment
- Participates in cross institution collaboration such as the Long Beach College Promise
|Senior Office Assistant
- General office duties - Includes record maintenance, supplies, and purchasing
- Create/produce teacher and student data reports.
- Budget - Tracking and inquires
- Payroll - Timecard processing
- Accumulate/summarize teacher training evaluations.
- Input courses, register personnel & book rooms in MyPD.
- Monitor office personnel calendars/maintain mileage logs
|Career Education Support Services Manager
Career/College Exploration Night
District Perkins Grant Coordinator
- Site Investments/Plans
- District-level investments
- District CTE Reporting
PLTW/Strong Work Force Grant
- Coordinate portions of site-level PLTW investments
- Coordinate portions of site-level Strong Workforce Grant investments
- Assist with CTE curriculum development
- Linked Learning pathway continuous improvement efforts towards pathway certification
- Industry integration in pathway practice
- Linked Learning Coordinator coaching, support, and professional development